Jump to Navigation


Glendale Paternity Lawyer

A paternity case involves a man and a woman who have had a child but who are not married. A biological mother or father may initiate a paternity proceeding to establish paternity of a child and seek appropriate relief from the court. A father typically seeks the establishment of paternity for the purpose of seeking custody or parenting time, whereas a mother, who usually already has full custody rights, seeks the establishment of paternity to seek contribution for child support and child care costs.

If you reside in Los Angeles County or the surrounding counties of Southern California and need an attorney for a paternity case, contact the law offices of Liana Stepanyan for assistance. Our firm practices exclusively in family law and has extensive experience in paternity, child support, child custody and parenting time proceedings. To contact our law office in Glendale, California, call 818.334.2932.

Protect Your Rights

As a mother or father, you have rights. As long as you are a safe and fit parent, you have a right to play a significant role in the life of your child. California law favors the involvement of both parents in the life of their child. Biological mothers start out with full custody of a child when a mother and father have a child outside of marriage. A father who seeks a paternity order will typically be awarded parenting time unless he is abusive or otherwise unfit. If a mother is unfit, or if the court believes for some other reason that it is in the best interests of a child to be in the custodial care of the father, the court can award custody to an unmarried father.

A mother has a right to seek a court order that compels the biological father to contribute to the cost of raising a child. A biological mother that has had a child out of wedlock is not required to file a paternity action to seek custody or parenting time, as an unwed father has no custody or visitation rights until paternity has been established by court order.

Contact Us

To speak with an attorney about a paternity dispute, contact the Law Offices of Liana Stepanyan today.

areas of focus contact us today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


220 S. Kenwood Ste. # 340
Glendale, CA 91205
Phone: 818.334.2932
Toll-Free: 866.718.0496
Fax: 818.662.8025

E-Mail Us | Map & Directions